Netflix is a favorite online media company, not just for all those couch potatoes but even for all those who aren’t able to watch TV shows or movies due to their busy schedule. You have access to wide-ranging shows and videos online.
Amidst all these, there’s always a problem for those who reside in the area of poor Internet connection or have a long journey over the airplane. Keeping in view such problems of its subscribers, Netflix provides the facility to watch the shows offline by downloading them.
Now let’s have a detailed look on how to download the titles for offline use later.
Procedure to download the Netflix shows
First of all, search for the show you want to download through the Search bar.
In the description section, you can see the DOWNLOADS tab, click over it to begin the downloading process.
Now you can enjoy your shows offline from MY DOWNLOADS section of the app.
Wait !!! Just downloading the show isn’t enough. Now have a look over these bullets to know important things you must keep in mind to make the best use of this feature.
Things to know for watching shows offline
- Before downloading, you need to be sure if the show is available to download. Not every show is available to download offline.
- It’s obligatory to remain signed in into your Netflix account to have access to your downloaded content.
- Downloads are available only on the devices they are downloaded.
- The Download feature isn’t supported for the computer browser.
- Well, even titles come with their expiry dates. You can enjoy the shows offline only for a restricted amount of time. After a certain time, they are no longer available.
If you are unable to download the shows, there are chances of your device not meeting the required minimum criteria for download. The minimum requirements for download are as described here :
- Access to the internet
- Netflix streaming account which must be active
- You need an Apple device with at least touch running IOS 9.0 or later
- Androids with version 4.4.2 or later
- Fire OS 4.0 or later in Amazon tablets.
- Windows 10 with version 1607 or later in tablets/computer
- Latest app of Netflix for Apple iOS / Android /Amazon fire / Windows 10.
Once Netflix made a statement that offline viewing won’t happen ever. But due to the extensive competitive market, even in the field of offline media, it became a must-have feature in order to compete with the parallel players in the market. And so they did.
The best thing about having access to Netflix shows offline is that you don’t have to be worried about internet connectivity. You can just open your downloaded shows and enjoy them irrespective of whether you are planning for a long trip to forest area or in poor connectivity area. All you need to do is make a decision about the show you want to watch and download it beforehand.